CANON EOS R5 BODY ONLY
- 45MP full-frame Dual Pixel CMOS sensor
- 8K video, with option for Raw or 10-bit 4:2:2 C-log or HDR PQ
- Up to 4K/120p, or oversampled 4K up to 30p
- 100% coverage Dual Pixel II AF system with human and animal detection trained by machine learning
- 12 fps / 20 fps bursts (mech. / elec. shutter)
- 5.76M-dot OLED EVF with 120 fps max refresh rate
- 3.2″ 2.1M-dot fully articulating touchscreen
- 10-bit HDR photos in HEIF format
- 1x CFexpress slot, 1x UHS-II SD slot
- Claimed weather-sealing to EOS 5D Mark IV levels
- 2.4/5Ghz Wi-FI with Bluetooth and FTP connectivity
- CIPA rated to around 320 shots (using EVF)
Canon’s EOS R5 is an excellent camera for professionals or anyone that’s looking for a supremely capable option for almost any type of photography, from sports and action to studio portraits and landscapes.
It’s a 45MP full-frame mirrorless camera that can shoot clips of 8K video, has impressive Dual Pixel autofocus and excellent ergonomics. It can also capture 10-bit HDR stills and video for HDR display and is the spiritual (and mirrorless) successor to Canon’s 5D-series DSLR cameras. It’s not a perfect camera, but we think it’s an excellent and highly competitive addition to an already crowded field of competent high-resolution full-frame mirrorless cameras.